1 head cauliflower
1 medium yellow onion
2 cloves garlic
1 large zucchini
¾ lb large shrimp
1 cup almonds
½ cup water
2 tbsp favorite hot sauce, or to taste
2 tbsp olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
Sea salt, to taste
1. Wash cauliflower and pat dry. Trim ends and transfer to food processor. Pulse until “rice” forms. Set aside in large bowl.
2. Peel and dice onion and garlic and add to pan with olive oil on medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes or until caramelized.
3. Wash, pat dry, and dice zucchini and add to pan. Cook for 5 more minutes.
4. Transfer vegetable mixture to cauliflower and toss well. Add lemon juice and olive oil.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Peel, devein, rinse,and pat shrimp dry.
7. Bring olive oil to medium-high heat in pan and cook shrimp for three minutes on each side until cooked through and opaque. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
8. Add almonds, ½ cup water, favorite hot sauce, sea salt, and pepper to blender or food processor and blend on high until creamy sauce forms. Add more water if needed.
9. Serve shrimp over “rice” with spicy drizzle.
Used with permission from The Integrative Nutrition Cookbook, 2016