2 bunches asparagus
1 large yellow onion
5 stalks celery
3 cups vegetable stock (organic, homemade and/or boxed)
¼ cup minced thyme
3 tbsp olive oil
Sea salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
1. Peel and dice onion.
2. Wash celery and asparagus and pat dry and then chop into ¼-inch pieces.
3. Bring olive oil to medium heat in large pot and add onion.
4. Cook for 5 minutes until caramelized.
5. Add celery and asparagus and cook for 7 more minutes.
6. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
7. Add thyme and combine well.
8. Add vegetable stock and bring to boil.
9. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
10. Transfer to blender or food processor and blend on high until creamy.
11. Garnish with thyme.
Used with permission from The Integrative Nutrition Cookbook, 2016