This recipe is best made when you have leftover cooked kasha. If you are making the kasha fresh, allow for additional time.
1 cup cooked kasha
1 apple, diced
2 tbsp almond or cashew butter
2 tbsp water (use more if needed)
1 tsp cinnamon
Dairy or non-dairy milk
1. Place cooked kasha in a steamer over boiling water and steam until warm
2. Combine warm kasha and apple in a breakfast bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, mix nut butter with 2 tablespoons of water.
4. Blend with fork until the consistency becomes creamy and add a bit more water as needed (mixture should not be too runny).
5. Pour nut sauce over kasha and apples and mix well.
6. Sprinkle with cinnamon and drizzle with maple syrup.
7. Add a splash of the milk of your choice.
- Make kasha for dinner instead of rice or quinoa and use the leftovers for this breakfast.
- Kasha keeps well in the fridge for 3-4 days when covered with some olive oil.