1 pound lean ground turkey or ground beef
1 ½ cups minced leeks (white and light green part only, about one bunch)
2 fresh chili peppers, minced
1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
2 tbsp flour
2 tbsp sesame oil
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
1. Place all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
2. Knead well by hand until the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
3. Divide the mixture into 10 to 12 equal portions, about ¼ cup each. Roll each portion into a ball.
4. Heat the cooking oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat.
5. Add meatballs and pan-fry, covered, turning occasionally until browned on all sides and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
6. Drain on paper towel.
7. Serve warm.
Serve over a bed of simple steamed greens.