1 bunch lacinato kale, chopped with stems
½ medium daikon radish, chopped into ½ inch chunks
1 tbsp tamari
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
1 tbsp brown rice vinegar
1 tbsp agave syrup
1. Heat a medium sized pot with 2 inches of water.
2. When the water boils, add kale and daikon radish, blanch for 2 minutes.
3. Drain in a colander and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
4. Add all other ingredients and mix well, tasting to adjust amounts to your desire.
This dish includes all of the five tastes: Sweet, sour, bitter, salty and pungent. It can be helpful in bringing balance to the system after a period of not-so-healthy eating.
- Add some dulse flakes and sesame seeds.
- Add some toasted pumpkin seeds or walnuts.
- Also try adding other vegetables you like such as cauliflower, broccoli, string beans or asparagus.
- Pair this dish with steamed fish.